At Ebbsfleet Academy, we believe that enabling students to have a voice strengthens communication between students and teachers. The views of students will be consulted and taken into consideration in a variety of ways at all levels across the Academy. In turn, this creates a community where students and teachers work in partnership towards shared goals.
The Academy will have a Student Academy Council and Ebbsfleet Ambassadors.
Academy Council Structure
There is a college council in each college, led by the Head student(s) for the college. The college council is formed initially with one student from each form group, although there will be growth over time to create more leadership opportunities for students. Representatives of the college councils meet at the main academy council meetings, and also meet with key members of the leadership team.
The role of council members
The college councils are key bodies for providing feedback on academy initiatives, supporting and leading charity/inter-college events and representing the academy at formal events. They are ambassadors for the academy within both the school and the community.
Year 9 students may apply to become Junior Prefects, and Year 10 students may apply to become Senior Prefects. In addition, we have a Head Boy and Head Girl, a clerk to the student council, as well as Literacy Leaders and Sports Leaders.
The role of a Prefect:
- To act as a role model to other students, demonstrating the utmost degree of diligence and embracing the academy’s values.
- To assist the Leadership Team with their duties.
- To carry out duties, including lunch duties.
- To act as an ambassador for the academy in the local community.
- To help with organisation and running of academy-wide events (e.g. parents evenings, open events, Year 6 induction day).
- To attend Student Council meetings and lead the development of House Ethos.
- To lead assemblies.
- To attend meetings with the Leadership Team to review role and impact.