It is our pleasure to share information about another set of strong grades for students at Ebbsfleet Academy.
Ebbsfleet Academy is driven to ensure that all students go on to the university or career pathways of their choice and at the time of going to press those students that had applied for a place at university this summer have secured offers to study a range of course including law, psychology, accounting, finance, journalism, sport, criminology and engineering.
After two pandemic-disrupted years during their GCSE studies, this cohort had never taken a public examination until they sat their A level and BTEC exams this summer. They also faced the additional challenges of the return of a full exam series and grading at 2019’s pre-pandemic standards.
They have proven their resilience and determination, and there have been some fantastic individual performances across a range of subjects including:
- Amy: sport Distinction*, psychology C, business studies C (University of Brighton, BSc sport and exercise science);
- George: sport Distinction , psychology C, business studies C (Anglia Ruskin University , sports science);
- Jennifer: psychology B, history B, business studies C (University of Bournemouth, law);
- Nicole: Portuguese B, English literature C (University of Greenwich, law);
- Irfan: history C, mathematics B, finance B (University of Essex, economics and politics);
- Adam: law B, finance A (University of Brighton, law); and
- Abbie: mathematics B, sport Distinction, (University of Brighton, secondary PE teacher with QTS).
Alongside the news of the results, I am delighted to share that Jodie has been selected to represent Team GB in gymnastics in November. This is a phenomenal achievement and we look forward to hearing about her future success with Team GB!
Gurjit Kaur Shergill, Principal, stated, “ These outcomes are yet again a demonstration of the firm belief embedded in the academy that there is no ceiling to what our young people can achieve. They represent the hard work and determination demonstrated by our students on a daily basis. For every one of our students, whether they are taking up a university place or starting an apprenticeship or pursuing a different pathway, we are pleased that these results represent a solid foundation which will ensure their every success for the future. Congratulations to all our students and on behalf of the whole Ebbsfleet Academy family, we wish you the very best for the future!